Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Britney Spears is back, with her first new post-conservatorship single since 2016.
What better way to welcome back Spears than a collab with a pop icon? “Hold Me Closer” is a duet with Elton John, and an homage of his 1970s classic “Tiny Dancer.”
Who doesn’t love a good comeback story?
Speaking of, we’ve got plenty of opportunities if you’re thinking of making a comeback to the job market.
Whose line (of code) is it anyway? Join Dan Stabb of Zip Code Wilmington today (Tuesday, Aug. 30) at noon for an AMA on Technical.ly’s Slack on “Lessons from Improv for Your Tech Career.” Join the Slack community here and head to the #ama channel at 12 p.m. EST for the Q&A.
Joe Woods, client application development lead at Fastmail, explains how the company’s software development process aligns with its core values.
Who’s the most influential software engineer in your tech community? Nominate them for Technical.ly’s 2022 RealLIST Engineers list.
Buy vs. build? Here’s how these seven organizations choose to approach their digital infrastructure.
Join HR pro Tamara Rasberry via Zoom on Wednesday, Aug. 31, to learn more about taking actionable steps against microaggressions in the workplace.
- Come work with us! Technically Media is hiring a Q4 Business Intern.
- Award-winning independent paper Spotlight PA is seeking a Newsroom Developer, Democracy Initiative.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is looking for an Engineering Manager.
- Certified B Corp Inspire is searching for an Analyst, Planning & Performance Analytics.
- Exyn Technologies is creating autonomous aerial robot systems for complex environments and needs a Senior Business Development Technical Analyst.
- Looking for something convenient? Wawa is hiring a Store Technology Engineering Architect and BI Solution Engineer.
- Oat Foundry is seeking a Junior Sales Development Representative (SDR).
- Tempest helps build powerful websites for local community organizations and needs an Associate Web Developer.
- 14 West is looking for a UX Designer to join its Product team.
- Ready to write? Technically Media is searching for an Editorial Intern (DC and Baltimore).
- The team of marketing professionals at Response Labs are looking for a Senior Media Planner.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is searching for a Communications Manager.
- Augmented reality platform Lumis Corp is hiring a Marketing Associate.
- Coworking and networking space Ascender is searching for a part-time Event Assistant.
- Meta is looking for a Machine Learning, Software Engineering Manager.
- Food and beverage company Kraft Heinz is seeking a Senior Manager- IT – Global Procure to Pay.
It’s never too late for a comeback! We’ll see you next time.